Puri-puri Prisoner is a large muscular man with a stubbly, cleft chin, large lips and black bushy hair. He has a well-defined jawline and light blue eyes with long eyelashes. He wears a traditional prison jumpsuit with white and blue stripes. He used to wear a white sleeveless vest with a large pink heart in the center over his prison clothes, but he ripped it during one of his transformations.
Puri-puri Prisoner is a flamboyant, openly homosexual superhero. He takes an interest in other, up and coming heroes and criminals; an interest which led to his titular jail sentence, as he kept attacking them. Criminals that he apprehends are then added to his harem. He appears to be rather absent-minded, as he did not think to remove his sweater before bulking up, and then blamed his opponent, the Deep Sea King, for its destruction.
Outside his homosexuality, he also has a standard about a true justice, on protesting Sweet Mask's attitude on criticizing and mocking the hardships of the S-Class and A-Class heroes on trying to risk their life protecting the A-City, and an unexpected invasion from the Dark Matter Thieves, asking Sweet Mask on which side he truly is.
He also seems to take pride in his position as part of the reason he wanted to defeat the Deep Sea King was because Genos had surpassed him in rank and he wanted to prove his worth as a S-Class hero.
As the lowest ranked hero in S-Class, he seems to be more down to earth and genuinely heroic than some of the more self-absorbed heroes in S-Class. He even gives info to Saitama about the late seer Shibabawa during an S-Class hero meeting about the prophecy, whilst many of the other S-Class heroes automatically dismiss the lower-classed Saitama as not worthy to speak to them, due to his lower rank.
Abilities and Powers
Being a S-Class hero, it can be assumed that Puri-puri Prisoner is a rather powerful individual. However, while powerful, he is noted to be the weakest S-Class hero (though this is without knowing the truth about King).
Immense Strength: Puri-puri Prisoner possesses immense physical strength; he is able to deal a great amount of damage with each punch. He was able to defeat the Demon-level Free Hugger merely by hugging it with excessive force.
Enhanced Durability: Due to his physical size, Puri-puri Prisoner also has more durability than the average human and other heroes. He was able to endure some strikes from Deep Sea King, only going down later in the fight. He was able to defeat Free Hugger despite having multiple cuts and injuries by hugging the monster, noting that his body just "stings".
Puri-puri Prisoner Angel ☆ Style (ぷりぷりプリズナー エンジェル☆スタイル, Puripuri Purizunā Enjeru ☆ Sutairu): Puri-puri Prisoner increases his body's muscle mass, increasing his already impressive strength to new heights; in a process he calls "transforming". However, his clothing does not increase in size with him, causing it to become torn and he becomes completely naked. Puri-puri Prisoner usually relies on his raw strength and skill in close quarters combat, when fighting in this particular style.
- Angel ☆ Rush (エンジェル☆ラッシュ, Enjeru ☆ Rasshu): Puri-puri Prisoner leaps towards his opponent and the mirage of an angelic pair of white wings appears behind him. He then unleashes a flurry of punches on his opponent.
- Angel ☆ Dash (エンジェル☆ダッシュ, Enjeru ☆ Dasshu): Puri-puri Prisoner runs with great speed.
- Angel ☆ Crawl (エンジェル☆クロル, Enjeru ☆ Kuroru): Puri-puri Prisoner digs underground with great speed.
- Angel ☆ Hug (エンジェル☆ハグ, Enjeru ☆ Hagu): Puri-puri Prisoner hugs his opponent with extreme and immense force.
Deep Kiss Sentence (ディープキスの刑, Dīpukisu no Kei): Puri-puri Prisoner threatens to give someone a deep kiss.
Angel Shots: (Anime-only) Puri-puri Prisoner carries syringes with him with an unidentified liquid in them, which he calls "Angel Shots". According to him, those are "medicine".
- Puri-puri Prisoner is ranked 15th in the character popularity poll.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 80-81
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 36, page 4
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 32, page 11
- ↑ One-Punch Man; Original Webcomic
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 76, page 8
- ↑ One-Punch Man Anime; Episode 9
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 16, page 17