|Manga Debut||Chapter 66|
Orochi is a large and ominous-looking monster. He has several large spikes pointing upwards above his head, cracked skin, empty eyes, and a multiple set of pointy teeth inside his mouth. His shoulders, wrists and fingers have the appearance of monstrous snakes' heads with pointy teeth, with the latter ending in large claws. His knees have the appearance of snake skulls and his clothing consists of a large cape connected to a circular, veiny joint in the center of his chest and a piece of cloth covering his lap.
Orochi has a serious demeanor.
Several years ago, Orochi battled and defeated Gouketsu. Instead of killing the martial artist, Orochi took him to the Monster Association Headquarters and gave him an offer to help the martial artist gain more power in exchange for cooperation.
Human Monster SagaEdit
Monster Association ArcEdit
Abilities and PowersEdit
Due to his large stature and his epithet as the "Monster King", it could be assumed that he is one of the strongest monsters in the Monster Association. Gyoro Gyoro also stated that Orochi is above all of the Monster Association's main forces. While unseen, Orochi apparently was strong enough to defeat the martial artist Gouketsu, the first Super Fight champion, with ease.
Monster Creation: While it has yet to be seen, Orochi apparently has the ability to create as many of Mysterious Beings as he wants. His body seems to be able to create Monster Cells, which in turn transforms humans into monsters upon consumption.
- The name "Orochi" (大蛇) literally means "great snake".
- Orochi is the sixth of many "Kings" mentioned in the series, the others being the Subterranean King, the Beast King, the Deep Sea King, the Ancient King (anime-only), the Sky King, the King of the Underworld, and the Forest King.
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 72, page 11
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 66, page 22
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 68, page 42
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 69, page 30
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 72
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 68, page 43