Golden Ball (黄金ボール, Ōgon Bōru) is an A-Class Rank 26 professional hero for the Hero Association.
Golden Ball is a tall man with blonde hair and a small beard. Golden Ball wears baggy pants, a hoodie underneath a Letterman's jacket and a hat. His jacket has "Golden Ball" written on his back and on the left breast, and the right breast of his jacket has the words: "It's not Kintama, its Golden Ball," a reference to a euphemism of testicles.
Golden Ball is a rather confident man who believes he does not need to prepare for a fight. However, he has some experience with hunting and pretends to be drunk while Garou calls him out to the alleyway for a fight, only dropping his cover once he had attacked Garou by surprise.
Hero Association SagaEdit
Rumored Monster ArcEdit
Golden Ball, along with Spring Mustachio, is dispatched to Z-City to investigate the rumors of an intensely strong monster. After not finding anything for a while, the two heroes catch a glimpse of a Mysterious Being and give chase. The creature turns out to be Kombu Infinity. Golden Ball immediately pulls out his weapon and fires a volley of his "Shape Memory Gold Balls" at Kombu Infinity who casually swipes away the attack to the side. While that was happening, Kombu infinity had snaked one of his tentacles through the street drain, and from behind wrapped it around Golden Ball's leg. He pulls him down the road and throws him into the side of a building, rendering him unconscious and unable to fight. Golden Ball was later picked up by the reinforcements and taken to the hospital. Some time after the event, he received a promotion to rank 26.
Human Monster SagaEdit
Hero Hunt ArcEdit
Garou meets Golden Ball in a bar and challenges him into a fight. Golden Ball eventually accepts and they head towards the parking lot. It is revealed that Golden Ball was putting up an act and begins the fight in the alley heading towards the parking lot. Garou dodges Golden Ball's first two attacks. Golden Ball initially believes that Garou was able to dodge them because of his hand movements and then shoots a shot that ricochets and pierces Garou's leg.
Golden Ball, believing that he has the advantage now, follows up with Golden Breakout. However, Garou effortlessly dodges all of them, thus refuting Golden Ball's initial thought that Garou used Golden Ball's hand movements to dodge his bullets. In a final effort, Golden Ball fires one more shot directly at Garou. Unfortunately, Garou was able to deflect and destroy it and then destroys all of the other bullets. Before Garou can attack Golden Ball, Spring Mustachio appears, and while he is able to put Garou on the defensive for a period of time, is quickly defeated. Golden Ball warns Garou of his cockiness, only to hear Garou willfully disregard it until his defeat at the hands of a hero.
Abilities and PowersEdit
His rank as an A-Class hero suggests that he is rather powerful. He was able to be the first A-Class hero to harm Garou something 5 of the top 10 in A-Class couldn't do, forcing Garou to use the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, something Garou only used on a Tanktop Master before.
Enhanced Strength: Golden Ball demonstrates the strength needed to operate a slingshot that can pierce steel.
Enhanced Speed: Golden Ball is quite fast. He was able to dash pass a block with a few leaps.
Expert Marksman: Golden Ball has an incredible aptitude in sharpshooting. Golden Ball can launch bullets that bounce off nearby surfaces towards a target to prevent the opponent from figuring out where the bullet is heading. His propensity for long-range combat also pairs well with his partner Spring Mustachio's skill in short-range combat.
- Golden Breakout (ゴールデンブレイクアウト, Gōruden Bureikuauto): Golden Ball launches a barrage of bullets that ricochet off nearby surfaces towards a target.
Slingshot: Golden Ball carries a black, metallic slingshot. The slingshot has two rubber bands, that Golden Ball can stretch over the length of his arm. Attached to the base of the weapon, is an infrared laser light, aiding his aim. Golden Ball uses his slingshot to fire his Shape Memory Gold projectiles at high speed.
- Laser Pointer (レーザーポインタ, Rēzāpointa): Golden Ball has a laser pointer attached to his slingshot to fire his shots more accurately.
Shape Memory Gold Bullets (形状記憶弾, Keijō kioku-dan): Golden Ball carries multiple golden bullets that can change shape.
|Golden Ball and Spring Mustachio vs. Kombu Infinity||20||6||Loss|
|Golden Ball and Spring Mustachio vs. Garou||49||None||Loss|
- Golden Ball's hero profile number is 02105
- Golden Ball's name, when translated literally from English to Japanese, would be kintama, which is a euphemism for testicles; Golden Ball wears a jacket discouraging that particular translation of his name.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 34
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 2-4
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 11-16
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 17-21
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 35
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 49, page 2-8
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 49, page 9-23
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 16
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 2
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 1
- ↑ One-Punch Man Anime; Episode 6