|Height||172 cm (5'7½")|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lbs.)|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 29|
|Anime Debut||Episode 10|
|Japanese VA||Kōsuke Toriumi|
|English VA||Lex Lang|
Flashy Flash (閃光のフラッシュ, Senkō no Furasshu) is an S-Class Rank 13 professional hero for the Hero Association.
Flashy Flash is a young man with feminine features, sharp blue eyes and long, ice blonde hair with his bangs brushed to the right side of his face. He wears a dark blue bodysuit with metallic bracers over his arms and upper chest armor with a long white cape over it. He adorns himself with two eight-pointed stars on either side of his head and on his cape. He has a chain strapped around his waist that holds his sheath and sword in place.
He is a calm and serious man, immediately starting the topic of discussion at the meeting and stopping an argument between Tatsumaki and Metal Bat. He is quite arrogant since he once told lower-ranked heroes to step aside and let him handle the Mysterious Being because he sees them as weak, berating them for being half-assed and potentially causing collateral damage. He also is confident enough to provoke Tatsumaki after the latter berates him by stating that she stole his kill against the Hundred-Eyed Octopus and assuring her that she is not actually stronger than him.
The following section contains Webcomic spoilers. You have been warned, manga-only readers.
While normally arrogant and rude, he did compliment Saitama after witnessing his strength and speed. After secretly witnessing Saitama defeat Garou, he begins to admire him and wishes to train him since he is aware Saitama is incredibly strong but lacks technique.
Hero Association SagaEdit
Alien Conquerors ArcEdit
Flashy Flash appears at the S-Class Hero Association meeting. Although he was at the meeting, he remained quiet for the majority of the meeting. When the Dark Matter Thieves attacked, he left the scene along with other heroes.
Human Monster Saga Edit
Monster Raid ArcEdit
Flash appears in I-City where he assists the gathering heroes prepared to fight against Hundred-Eyes Octopus. He uses his powerful speed to rush toward the monster and stabs one of its eyes. After that, he proceed to slash all the eyes of the monster until it goes berserk. As Flashy Flash begins to unleash his special technique to finish the monster for good, Tatsumaki comes in time, lifts the monster up in the air and crushes it into a giant ball of Takoyaki.
After the death of the monster, he and the others heroes are berated by her. However, he also proceeds to berate her back, but is stopped by the other heroes. The heroes end up parting ways for now.
The following section contains Webcomic spoilers. You have been warned manga-only readers.
Monster Association ArcEdit
He meets up with Saitama, who he mistakes for an enemy. He was very surprised when Saitama was able to dodge and counter his extremely quick attacks. They finally get to where the fight with Garou was going on. Along with Darkshine, his true speed and abilities were shown. He left his mark as perhaps one of the fastest characters in the series, but was ultimately defeated. During their attack on Garou, Zombieman states that even the strength of Darkshine and speed of Flashy Flash would not be enough.
Fall of the Hero Association ArcEdit
By the time the Hero Association was about to fall, Flash acknowledges Saitama's strength, having been among the few heroes who were still conscious during the conflict with the awakened Garou, whilst also feeling that Saitama needed a proper teacher in order to show him how to fully hone his strength.
They had limited interactions during the anime and OVA. However, neither of them could get along with one another. In both moments, Flash would instigate a verbal conflict whenever Metal Bat is talking. This usually ends with Flash mocking Metal Bat and Metal Bat's temper escalating the conflict between them.
While there was never a true interaction between the two, Darkshine and Flash are known to be a dangerous combo in battle. The two stood together against Garou alongside Puri Puri Prisoner.
Flash mistook Saitama as a monster and the two had a brief scuffle. After clearing the misunderstanding, the two became acquaintances with one another, with Flash acknowledging Saitama's superior abilities.
After being defeated by Garou, Flash was one of the few who regained consciousness and witnessed Saitama defeat Garou. In addition to acknowledging Saitama's strength, Flash decided to teach Saitama some fighting techniques.
Flash and Tatsumaki have an unpleasant relationship with one another, just like with other S-class heroes. However, he appears to not be afraid of her and is willing to scold her back whenever she insults him.
Abilities and PowersEdit
As an S-Class hero, it can be assumed that Flashy Flash is very powerful. He can defeat Demon level monsters without suffering a single injury and according to Superalloy Darkshine, if Garou were to fight him, he would most likely die before being able to show any of his techniques. Garou himself admitted that, if the two of them had fought before his evolution, it would have "ended ugly" for him. He is one of, if not, the fastest S-Class hero within the series.
Immense Speed and Reflexes: Flashy Flash lives up to his name, being incredibly fast to such a degree, that he can move and land multiple attacks in centiseconds. During his fight against Awakened Garou, he was able to complete a string of attacks in 1 centisecond. His speed leaves powerful shock waves in his wake. He dispatched Gale and Hellfire, two Disaster Level Demon mysterious beings, who take great pride in their speed, before any of them could understand what had happened. He is the only S-Class hero who managed to dodge at least one of Garou's attacks. Apparently, Flash can move faster than his own reflexes can follow, as he realized Saitama was human only after attacking him and failed to notice Garou had blocked his punches until after the combo had ended. He was able to travel to Hundred-Eyes Octopus and slash the monster's eyes in a short amount of time using his incredible speed.
Enhanced Strength: Flash is strong enough to cut through metal, impaling and beheading two robots without effort and with a single hand.
Enhanced Durability: Flash was hit a few times by Garou and was able to get up, a feat most of the other heroes were unable to do.
Ninjutsu Master: According to Zombieman, Flashy Flash is rumored to be one of the S-Class' best in terms of fighting capability. He seems to be an exceptionally skilled swordsman, killing the Hot Rod Brothers before any of them had the chance to react or even notice him. Flash also possesses advanced movement and unarmed combat techniques, proving to be a versatile fighter.
- Flashy Slash (閃光斬, Senkōzan): Flash slashes at the opponent's head. Before Saitama, no one had ever been able to dodge it.
- Flashy Fist (閃光挙, Senkōken): In only a matter of milliseconds, Flash traverses the distance between himself and the opponent and unleashes a barrage of punches.
- Flowing Shadow Feet (流影脚, Ryū Ei Kyaku): By moving even faster than usual, Flash creates a series of afterimages which blend together in a blurred band, making it difficult to predict where his next attack will come from.
- Wind Blade Kick (風刃脚, Fūjin Kyaku): Flash throws himself at his foe and does a front flip, during which he throws his foot out to kick his opponent using the momentum of the flip.
EquipmentEditKatana: Flashy Flash wields a katana with a round guard called "Instakill". He appears to be skilled in using it in combat, as he defeated a Demon-level monster with it.
Cape: Flashy Flash wears a waterproof cape which he uses to shield himself from liquids, as shown when he attacks the monster Thousand Eyes, where he flicks the monsters blood cleanly off of it.
- During a Q&A section of the original webcomic, ONE was asked if there was a relation between Speed-o'-Sound Sonic and Flashy Flash, but he avoided answering the question.
- Murata himself has confirmed that Flash and Sonic are "somewhat" related.
- There are several similarities and contrasting differences between Flashy Flash and Speed-O'-Sound Sonic:
- Both have slim figures with feminine facial features.
- Both are 25 years old.
- Both have names ascertaining to speeds of certain natural phenomena.
- Both have a very skilled knowledge of ninjutsu.
- Both know the Wind Blade Kick and have used it in battle.
- Both are rather confident in their abilities and are extremely fast, much faster than most S class heroes.
- While Flashy Flash usually has a composed, stern, and serious demeanor, Sonic often has a flamboyant and egotistical nature.
- Flashy Flash's entire manner of dress is white, while Sonic's manner of dress is black.
- Flashy Flash is a member of the Hero Association and believes in helping people & defeating monsters, while Sonic believes that heroes are worthless and can never really save anyone or anything.
- Flashy Flash appears to solely use his katana, while Sonic has used a wide array of different ninja weapons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 64
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; One-Punch Man Holiday Special Chapter
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 29, page 15
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 68, page 29