|Height||250 cm (8'2")|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 2|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Japanese VA||Yasutoshi Tokumoto|
Crablante (カニランテ, Kanirante) was a Mysterious Being that was created when a man ate too much crab and underwent metamorphosis.
Crablante is a large creature with large, crab-like claws and a hard, bright red carapace covering his upper body, while his lower body is that of a muscular human male, naked except for a pair of white briefs. He has two nostrils on his flat face, a large mouth, and two eye stalks that protrude from the sides of his head, ending in large, elliptical eyes with small pupils.
In the manga, his chest possess a yellowish coloration which matches those of some crabs.
Crablante seems to have turned into a bloodthirsty monster after his transformation, killing several people on his search to kill a boy who vandalized his body with permanent marker. He is proud of his "beautiful body" and turns very aggressive when anyone defiles it. He did, however show compassion to a depressed, pre-training Saitama, saying that he would not harm someone with his own lifeless eyes. When talking, he occasionally adds 'Blubblub' and 'lol' to the beginning and the end of his sentences.
HistoryEditCrablante meets Saitama three years before the main storyline in the middle of a crowded street. Crablante's appearance causes everyone apart from Saitama to flee in terror. When Crablante asks why Saitama is not also running away, Saitama replies that since he's unemployed and unable to get a job, he feels that nothing really matters anymore, and that he does not feel like running away. Crablante chuckles at this and says that, since he is after a different target and since Saitama's lifeless eyes remind him of his own, he is willing to spare Saitama.
Crablante later appears in a park and discovers the child with the cleft chin. As Crablante is about to finish the boy off, Saitama rushes in and saves the boy. It's revealed that Crablante wants revenge on the boy for defacing his body while he was sleeping in the park by drawing nipples on his chest in permanent ink. Crablante demands that Saitama surrender the boy or die himself. Hearing this, Saitama bursts into a fit of laughter and quips that Crablante reminds him of a villain from an old anime that he used to watch in his childhood. Saitama reveals that his childhood dream was to become a superhero who could defeat villains like Crablante in a single punch. After a brief but intense fight, Saitama defeats Crablante by pulling out an eye stalk with his tie.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Posing a threat to several civilian lives, his disaster level is "Tiger". Since he was ultimately defeated by pre-training Saitama, it can be said that he was fairly weak compared to several other Mysterious Beings.
Enhanced Strength: Crablante possesses enhanced strength, easily beating up an untrained Saitama and slaughtering several other people. His strength is great enough to shatter the ground.
Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Crablante primarily fights using his claws during close-quarters combat.
- Scissor Punch (シザーパンチ, Shizā Panchi): Crablante punches at his target with one of his claws. The attack is strong enough to shatter the ground.
- Crablante is the first Mysterious Being to have been defeated by Saitama.
- He is the first Tiger Level threat to appear in the series.
- Despite his brief appearance, he is one of the most influential characters, as defeating him was what inspired Saitama to start training and Agoni to create the Hero Association after Crablante tried to kill the latter's grandson.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 106-107
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 2, page 11
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 2, page 5
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 2, page 2
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 2, page 15