Chain'n'toad (鎖がマ, Kusari gama) is an A-Class Rank 36 professional hero for the Hero Association.
Chain'n'toad wears a frog costume and his eyes can be seen in the frog's mouth. His attire is a simple white kimono with a black belt.
He is a middle-aged martial artist with a goatee and mustache.
According to the Hero Association catalog, he has rather plain and dull personality but has a soft spot for children and he wears a frog costume to appeal to kids.
Human Monster SagaEdit
Super Fight ArcEdit
Chain'n'toad appears in I-City and teams up with Butterfly DX, Narcisstoic, Peach Terry and Death Gatling to defeat the Hundred-Eyes Octopus, when Flashy Flash unexpectedly shows up. When Flashy Flash blinded the monster, it goes on a rampage and Chain'n'toad managed to saves Bone from falling debris. When Tatsumaki arrived and crushed the monster into a ball, he was scolded by her for not taking care of the monster.
Monster Association ArcEdit
He chain attacks with Smile Man twice and begins to surround Garou. When he immobilizes Garou's legs for Smile Man to throw his kendama ball at Garou, he is defeated when Garou redirects the giant ball toward him, crushing him instantly.
|The following section contains Webcomic spoilers. You have been warned, manga-only readers.|
Psychic Sisters ArcEdit
Butterfly DX, Chain'n'toad and Forte greet their new neighbor Saitama as a means of showing their superiority. It is revealed that Chain'n'toad wears his toad helmet to gain popularity, which worked a little.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Pork Cutlet BowlEdit
Chain'n'toad was one of the many heroes which tried to attack the monster that was devastating a police station in order to get a lot of credits since it was an important emergency. However, he arrives at the scene when Saitama has already killed the monster.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Chain'n'toad is a low ranked A-Class hero, and therefore he can be expected to be decently strong.
Kusarigamajutsu Expert: Chain'n'toad is heavily skilled at using the Kusarigama.
- Ear Cutter (耳狩り, Mimi Kari): Chain'n'toad recalls the kama of the kusarigama with extreme force and speed from various angles around the opponent.
- Ankle Bind (足首吊り, Ashi Kubitsuri): Chain'n'toad wraps the kusari-fundo end of the kusarigama around the leg of an opponent to limit his/her movement.
Kusarigama: True to his name, Chain'n'toad choice of weapon is a pair of Kusarigama and he is skilled in using it. He was able to block some debris to save himself and Bone.
- His original name is a play on words of the terms "frog" and "kusarigama".
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 81, page 7
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 68, page 9-14
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 68, page 25
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 68, page 28-36
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 80, page 26-27
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Pork Cutlet Bowl
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Taste
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 81, page 31
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 82, page 7