|Height||700 cm (22'11½")|
|Affiliation||House of Evolution|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 8|
|Anime Debut||Episode 2|
|Japanese VA||Jirō Satō|
|English VA||George C. Cole|
Beast King (獣王 Jūō) was an artificial mutant created by Dr. Genus of the House of Evolution. The Beast King is the leader of Dr. Genus' strike force and second-strongest specimen in the House of Evolution, exceeded only by Carnage Kabuto.
The Beast King is a large, humanoid lion, with a full mane and tail. In spite of his humanoid, five-digit hands, he still wields sharp claws on his fingers and padded, four-toed feet.
He wears a black shirt, animal furs on his shoulders, and a leopard-skin cloth around his waist, secured by heavy chains and a belt with a lion-head buckle. There are bracelets on both his wrists and ankles, and bracers on both biceps, which he breaks and shatters once enraged.
The Beast King speaks very loudly, roaring and shouting his dialogue constantly. Although only the second-strongest, The Beast King revels in his own power, and becomes increasingly frustrated with Saitama's inexplicable strength and absence of fear.
House of Evolution ArcEdit
After witnessing Saitama instantly kill Mosquito Girl, Dr. Genus takes great interest in him as a human specimen, and sends the Beast King, Armored Gorilla, Kamakyuri, Ground Dragon, Frog Man, and Slugerous to abduct him for further research.
Saitama defeats Kamakyuri, Frog Man, and Slugerous in a failed ambush, but is grabbed and rooted in concrete by Ground Dragon. While Armored Gorilla repels Genos, the Beast King taunts Saitama, threatening to scratch out his eyes. Nonplussed, Saitama casually frees himself, sending Beast King into a limb-cutting frenzy. He manages to accidentally kill Slugerous and Frog Man, but even after augmenting his strength, he is disemboweled by a flurry of punches from Saitama.
Some time after his death, a flock of birds descend to pick at his entrails, causing them to sprout arms and become ravenous.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Despite not harming Saitama, the Beast King demonstrates immense strength, chiefly through murdering his teammates and inflicting massive collateral damage. He was also called the second strongest member of the House of Evolution by Armored Gorilla, who stated that the Beast King could easily destroy Genos.
Immense Strength: The Beast King possesses an incredible amount of strength as he was able to easily cut through buildings.
Transformation: When enraged, the Beast King gains considerable muscle mass, tearing through his clothing and ornaments. In this state, he loses all self-restraint, ignoring Dr. Genus' orders and harming his own allies.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: The Beast King mainly relies on his claws, physical strength and speed during combat.
- Lion Slash (獅子斬, Shishi Zan): A powerful slash with his claws, which is capable of cutting through stone and flesh across considerable distances, demolishing entire buildings in a single swipe.
- Lion Slash: Meteor Shower (獅子斬流星群, Shishi Zan Ryūsei-gun): The Beast King launches off multiple Lion Slashes simultaneously.
- Beast King is the second of many "kings" mentioned in the series, the others being the Subterranean King, the Deep Sea King, the Ancient King (anime-only), the Sky King, the King of the Underworld, the Monster King, and the Forest King.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 116-117
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 7, page 16
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 7, page 8
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 8, page 13
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 8, page 23
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 18, page 22
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 8, page 21
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 8, page 15
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 8, page 17